Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Parade: Chicago Mar. 13th, 2010

So I fared the weather with Anne today to see the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago, IL.

It was Overcast, Dreary, and with a cold wind off the lake, quite miserable.

But I couldn't let those people in the parade have all the fun for themselves!

I even had a ABC 7 News camera pass me over while live, I'll see about getting a still or video of that.

I was dressed head to to toe, well nearly in Irish gear, even though I don't have a lick of Irish in me. But you have to come out in respect of the Irish who made Chicago and Illinois what it is and the accomplishments they have brought to the World from Chicago.

Besides, if you live in or in the vicinity of Chicago and don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day, you missed something along the way.

I could get into a long discussion about what it is and what it means to whomever, yet all that matters here today is that you go out, have fun, and be safe while doing it.

Now although March 17th is the Official U.S. holiday for St. Patrick's Day, Chicago Holds the Parade the Saturday before, (Sometimes St. Patty's falls on this Saturday), Mostly to keep kids in school during the week if it falls during that time.

I met some people enjoying themselves and encountered Galaxy Goose from Facebook!

Either way I will leave you with some links and some photos.

I hope everyone has a Happy St. Patricks Day!

R. William Holzkopf Jr.

http://www.chicagostpatsparade.com/

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7329132


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Galaxy-Goose/189616897650








2 comments: