Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Suburban Mountains

 I took a break from the Worlds Meandering Catastrophe, that we call Life:

Suburban Mountains

These Suburban Mountains
Rising So high into the sky
So majestic in their rumbling slumber
So fulfilling to the eye.

They Set on the Horizon
And rolling over head
They flash with Magnificence
Like great words once long ago read.

The Foothills, Mountains and Majestic Peaks
Soar high into the Troposphere
Where they pile onto each others backs
So that more of them can appear.

These Suburban Mountains
My fantasy of cloudy proportions
Brings laughter to my somber eyes
And flights of fancy to my manuscriptions.

R. William Holzkopf Jr.
Copyright © 2013 R. William Holzkopf Jr.

P.S.

Authors Note:
My first poem in ages, well maybe 8 months to a year give or take a blue moon.
I'm more an Angst writer than a Euphoric writer when it comes to poetry.
I was talking to a friend in Alaska (Amberlyn), and we were sharing photos we took, and of course she has a Mountain landscape backdrop (Saturday 06.29.2013), and I had some photos of clouds in the Western afternoon sky on Friday (06.28.2013), and the Light bulb went on.
Not my best but hey.. it's something.



RWHjr.

No comments:

Post a Comment