It seems even in the face of unwilling, overbearing, and Rights trampling Politicians, Leaders, Royalty, and those Rich who fall into the 1 percentile.
The Occupy and 99% Movements, although not reaching critical mass yet, are infact growing and continuing their presence all around the World.
I watched the mainstream news, even outlets that claim support of personal freedoms and watched as they knocked and classified this movement as a bunch of out-of-work, classless, illiterate and less than intelligent idiots who don't really know what they want except to cause dystopia and bring the system down.
Those of us in support realize that the Mainstream media only interviews those people that make their opinion seem strongest. Many of these interviewees are staged, while some are really idiots; in anycase there will always be those persons who infiltrate a cause and undermine its value and purpose whether by subterfuge or by curious idiocy, or even just plain malfeasance.
The reasons for this cause may be not all encompassing, but the underlying truths are self-evident.
In Simple terms:
1. That the common people are fed-up with the way our Governments and Leaders are running the show.
2. Fed-up with the internal corruption, wishy-washy Leaders, and politicians that are bought off for Corporate and interests of only the 1%.
3. Fed-up with a monetary system that isn't backed by anything except the 'word' of Bankers who willingly steal from those who have next to nothing.
4. Fed-up with Business as usual, high inflation, dropping monetary value, see #3.
5. Fed-up with Home and Property Repossessions due to Banking and Mortgage inadequacies, or refusals to follow proper and legal procedures that would allow the common people the chance to rectify their situations.
6. Fed-up with the increasingly horrible Jobs market here in the United States of America as well as around the World, due to Governments fiscal policies, labor policies, and any and all policies that effect the worker/Business relationship. (The News may twist/distort/lie about the percentages, but 'We' know, because we are the ones not getting jobs, when we are told there are so many jobs available.)
7. Fed-up with the fact that Businesses have openings but are not hiring because they cannot afford to pay the wages of the employees they already have due to the current laws in place that make it considerably more expensive for a Business to hire workers whether due to insurance, or benefits, or other items that are generally necessary to the compensation and wherewithall of the employee.
8. Fed-up with the ever increasing taxes that keep being placed on the books of local municipalities, States, Territories ,and even Country's as a whole. While inflation makes the living wage unlivable, and it is hard enough to keep food on the table let alone pay all the bills necessary, and forget about getting sick, in an accident, or pregnant; you will lose your job.
The Truths are that, the Majority of the People representing this movement are Intelligent, hardworking individuals, who have been down-trodden by many different types of systems, and are upset and tired of the day to day rape of ourselves, our families and the World we live in.
Many of us are Unemployed and or Under-employed, some of us are Employed. Many of us have College and University Educations, some of us don't, but the one thing we all want is:
We want change and are trying to do so peacefully.
The Occupy Movement is huge and growing, take time to figure out what is really going on, and remember the Mainstream Media will only show you want they want you to know.
Places to get together:
Occupy Together Meet-up: http://www.meetup.com/occupytogether/
Occupy World: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211669103288533563690.0004adf71f990a6c82a4e&msa=0&ll=6.815359,-116.740722&spn=142.352378,321.328125
Occupy Wall Street: http://googlemapsmania.blogspot.com/2011/10/occupy-wall-street-on-google-maps.html
Occupy Bristol: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=160841040676138&set=a.156121291148113.36772.156092691150973&type=1&ref=nf
Erika Morningstar: https://www.facebook.com/Erika.Morningstar
We Are 99%: http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/
Edit: 04/15/2011 16:56pm CST
PLEASE CIRCULATE WIDELY: If you are arrested at an Occupy Event, call the National Lawyers Guild: New York City: (212) 679-6018 / Los Angeles: (323) 696-2299 / Washington, DC: (202) 957 2445 / Chicago: (773) 309-1198/ San Francisco: (415) 285-1011 / New Orleans: (504) 875-0019 / Baltimore: (410) 205-2850 / Minnesota: (612) 656-9108 / Michigan: (313) 963-0843 / Portland: (503) 902-5340 / Boston: (617) 227-7335 / Pennsylvania & Delaware: (267) 702-4654 /Idaho: (208) 991-4324
Be very sure to write the applicable phone number in PERMANENT marker somewhere concealed on your body, protected from the elements. Do NOT assume you will be able to retrieve the number from a phone or a notebook. It is very likely you will be stripped of all your belongings.
R. William Holzkopf Jr.Copyright © 2011 R. William Holzkopf Jr.