Pages

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Unfit

Unfit

Time flies by so quickly these horrid days
So miserably and uncontrollably fast
like a ballerina flitting softly across a stage
like water droplets ringing through a still pond
Finding us haphazard and unfit, unprepared

My eyes tear up and my throat is tight
As I listen to music that offers some relief
Like Falls falling colors in Summer
And Cold winds under a Warm September Sun
Time is gearing up for a darker change
I feel so helpless in the new coming age

All this digital desolation encompassing me
While the World is bleeding ignorance
And witless fools speak of compassion
Our wars have seen brighter days
But Peace is the new design

Sadness grips me in my heart of Souls
For all that I see and all that I know
Everything running past with Machine accuracy
Forgetting the Natures Chaotic rhythm
I don't understand but I full well know
that, Time flies by so quickly these horrid days

R. William Holzkopf Jr.
Copyright © 2013 R. William Holzkopf Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment