Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Where'd you go

Might as well fill this space with a little poetry.
-RWHjr

Where'd you go
That effervescent flow
Seems like years gone
An age of days lost

This harmony so melodic
Beating into my Soul

Why have you left me
While I write words on trees
Tempting, swaying, capitulating
Fighting, breathing, so emasculating

Here on this edge
A cliff note begs for...

A notice in my E mail
Why oh why is my skin so pale
The streets hum with a warm buzz
While in my craft beer I see suds

I don't seem to understand
The wrongness in happiness

Following it to my grave
I seek to jump and rave
Mistakes and follies
Lined in a field of hollies

Distracted I listen to notes
Divorced from original content

Wondering where you are
Wishing you aren't very far
So very long so much time lost
Soon winter will be here and the frost.

R. William Holzkopf Jr.
Copyright ©2013 R. William Holzkopf Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment