Pages

Friday, January 09, 2009

The Full Moon

Of course as of this writing the moon is still a Waxing Gibbous at 98.5% luminosity, 98.5%? Looks Full to me as such it is.
As it is, here in the Midwest a week into the New Year, It is over cast and snowing... so I couldn't see the Moon if I wanted to, not with my naked eyes anyway.
Which brings me to the point of this post; "Full Moon Party"!!!

...And not the one that occurs after ones drawers are dropped, and there is no Ron Jeremy lurking!

A "Full Moon Party", at least the one I am talking about, Occurs in many places around the world; Arizona, U.S., Europe, Etc. The Biggest seems to be in Koh Phangan, Thailand and being free to be a part of the most desirable. Seen as 20,000- 30,000 people attend and the beach side bars stay open 'till sunrise playing all sorts of music to water ones tastes.

Goa Goa, India is probably the 2nd biggest "Full Moon Party", as my research can gather. If not by name alone, in fact one of the biggest Trance parties in the World occurs here as well. Next to of course the Parties that get thrown in Ibiza, Spain, (links 1, 2, 3)

The next biggest"Full Moon Party" seems to be in the United States in Arizona, (I could be wrong, but I only did limited research on this subject), Being in the Superstition Mountains area by Apache Junction, AZ. So instead of a Beach Ocean Party, you have a desert one.
Either way I'm sure it'd be fun for those in that particular mindset. (Sorry no specific links, I would suggest hitting the BBS's, especially those relating to the Electronic Culture.

I know there are some in Europe and else where but I really didn't feel like trying to track them down, if any of my readers know of any and have links let me know so I can post them available here.

So tomorrow I will be going full gear into this 'Full Moon Party', and in fact I will be going out with a very old good friend and we will be dressed in White and be celebrating the Full Moon in all its glory...well probably not completely true... but we will be in white and out to Party!!!

And why must I play to this fad? Because honestly I am Bored, the Winter blues are starting to creep in and I really haven't gotten out and done anything since New Years and before that it was much longer than that. Really I just hate being couped up, So tomorrow I will celebrate getting out and enjoying the company of friends under a Full Moon, I will be wearing white and looking like a god!

Well it'll be a good time, for I command it!

So if anyone of me readers has a story about their Full Moon Night comment me here and let us all know about it.

For the time though, Have a Safe and exciting Friday night and be well!

R. William Holzkopf Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment